Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tomorrow, OMG!

Tomorrow morning Lexie drops me at the airport and then I'm on my way to Sao Paulo, hurray?! I think that Ive got all my poop in a bundle, if not, I can buy almost anything in the city, cuz it's absolutely enormous - 3rd largest city in the WORLD! Me, (and my team of 15 IBMers from all over the world) are arriving mostly on Saturday and then having our welcome and walking tour on Sunday. And this is a hoot! Sunday is Gay Pride day in Sao Paulo and the gigantic parade is only a couple of blocks from our hotel on Avenue Paulista. I was at Gay Pride in NYC in 2000 and it was fabulous! Dustin, my coworker told me that I should dress up, but I'm gong to have to decline..... a 6 foot tall, heavyset woman is likely to be taken for a tranny..... not a position that I'd like to explain my way out of in really crappy Portuguese.
Anyway, 2 suitcases should be more than enough stuff.
Lexie, 18-year old daughter, leaves for Israel then next week. She'll be staying with a buddy and his family for 5 weeks and getting toured around. I told her to visit the dump and find that mattress with $1 million inside that was accidentally thrown out in Jerusalem. I imagine that someone will find it before she arrives since it's a story on CNN? So she'll be living in the family complex in Haifa and picking up a little Hebrew and Russian since Guy's family immigrated from Russia and the grandparents speak it. She'll be happy cuz languages are her thing.
I'm hoping that all works out at home in my absence. I bought tons of pre-fab food for Kira (14 year old daughter) and husband so that they don't have to worry too much about what's for dinner. As I said on Facebook, I hope that one of them actually glances at the cat food bowls so that the 3 cats (I know, WAY too many cats) don't starve. I could come home to grizzled, petrified, dead cats lying around.
Today I'm working and tying up loose ends. I need to do online checkin at the airline so that I have that done and can confirm my seat. I need to cart home a whole bunch of stuff from my desk and then run by Walgreens this evening for photos and batteries and stuff.
Well that's my boring brain dump. Thanks for caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment